Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Oh Ukraine...We hurt and cry for you!

 Day 61

As evil parades around in Ukraine, the Ukrainians are suffering...badly.  The death rate is climbing...rapidly.  The mass exodus into Poland is getting bigger by the minute.  Buildings destroyed.  Lives changed...forever!

We pray, but the bombs keeping exploding.  God is listening.  God sees.  God is heartbroken by the evil of one mad man.  God cares about the Ukrainian people. The question is, do we?  We may be the answer to the prayer.  God uses all kinds of resources to help others or fix problems or heal the sick.  God isn't a stand alone solution; rather, he use a plethora of resources to get the job done.

It's like praying to God for the hungry to be fed, yet we drive by homeless tent cities every day and do absolutely nothing to feed them.  We cannot get mad at God for people being hungry, when he has called us to feed them.  

I do not know the solutions to stop an evil man from attacking a nation.  We need the superpower of God to transform his heart so he will surrender to the will of God.  God is using thousands of men and woman to courageously protect and defend their nation...freedom.  God isn't idle.  God is working.  God will ultimately prevail.  

As I watched and interview of a young woman, she said, "I lost my husband, my home, my cat, my dog...my life."  It was profoundly sad.  I cried.  I hurt for the forty-four million Ukrainians.  

Pray.  Pray some more.  And then, pray again.  Pray God will soften the heart of Putin.  Pray that God will intervene right now to stop the attacks.  Pray right now that God will protect the world from the evil terrorist.  Pray that God will show us how we can be usable for him.

Isaiah 43:1-3
“...Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
    I have called you by name; you are mine.
When you go through deep waters,
    I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
    you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
    you will not be burned up;
    the flames will not consume you.
For I am the Lord, your God...."

No comments:

Post a Comment