Life experiences are at times painful, troubling and disturbing. It may be hard to pinpoint the exact reason why life seems to be brutally harsh. Some may ask…
“What did I do to deserve this?”
Life experiences are at times painful, troubling and disturbing due our own decisions or actions. The tsunami of punishing waves hit hard and frequently. There doesn’t seem to be an end in sight and trying to ride the storm is tiresome and extremely painful. Some cry out…
Life experiences are at times pain-free, serene and pleasant. The bank account has plenty of money, physical health is good and relationships couldn’t be better. Some declare…
“Life is good!”
Life experiences change from painful to pain-free – from troubling to serene – from disturbing to pleasant and vise versa. Keeping oneself from only focusing on the negative life experiences can be extremely challenging.
The choices we make whenever we are faced with overwhelming negative experiences are crucial. It is not a time to fly off the handle, play the blame game, drown our sorrows or sleep the days away; rather, it is a times to pause and do the following…
1. Pray – James 5:13, “Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray....”
2. Trust God – Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the LORD with all your heart….”
3. Give it to God – Psalm 55:22, “Cast your burden upon the Lord….”
4. Take Responsibility – Galatians 6:5, “Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.”
5. Don’t be Bitter – Ephesians 4:31, “Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior.”
The only person one can control whenever life is challenging is himself or herself. Getting caught up in self-pity or blaming everyone else or getting mad at God isn’t going to solve the negative experiences or create positive solutions.
No matter if life experiences are negative or positive, always keep company with God. Stay focused and as the Apostle Paul declared, “ Be thankful in all circumstances….” 1 Thessalonians 5:18. God is always on the scene and providing exactly what when need to experience life.
Remember, Be God Controlled!