Wednesday, October 19, 2022

I Want to Find God, Where do I Find Him?

There was a young boy who had asked an old man, “I want to find God, where do I find him?” The old man took the young boy to the nearby lake. They stood in the shallow end of the lake and the old man said to the boy, “Stick your face into the water.” The young boy sticks his face in the water. The old man ever so gently presses the boy’s head further into the water. After several seconds, the young boy struggles and starts moving his head back and forth because he wants out of the water. The old man finally releases and pulls the boys head up and asked the boy, “What did you desire when you were under the water?” The boy replied, “Air, I wanted air!” The old man said, “As soon as you desire God as much as you desire air, you will find God.”
 
God doesn’t play Hide N Seek where it’s too difficult to find him. God isn’t too far away where he is unreachable. God doesn’t disguise himself in camouflage where he can’t be seen. God is in plain sight. He makes himself visible and noticeable. God wants you, me, and us to find him. He is not interested in living as a hermit all shut up in his throne room; rather, he wants conversations with us. He wants to go on vacation with us and sit around the campfire and go for a hike and ride with us through the countryside admiring the beauty of the autumn leaves. God desires us.
 
Countless people are searching for God. Their lives are turned upside down. Their life is a dead-end road. Hopeless. Fearful. Futureless. Lonely. Dark. 
 
“Where can I find God?” they ask. Moses said, “But even there, if you seek GOD, your God, you’ll be able to find him if you’re serious, looking for him with your whole heart and soul.” Deuteronomy 29:4 The simplicity in finding God comes from the pure heart. Jesus said, “God blesses those people whose hearts are pure. They will see him!” Matthew 5:8 
 
God is in love with us. He wants to be found. He wants to be loved. He wants us to search for him with pure motives. He doesn’t want to be used and abused. He doesn’t want a lackluster relationship. He doesn’t want a halfhearted worship. He wants us…all of us! The Proverb says, “I love everyone who loves me, and I will be found by all who honestly search.” Proverb 8:17
 
I found God early in my life. Not because my parents were “church goers” but because I desired to find him. I needed him. I wasn’t always the best at keeping my promises to him or faithful in prayer or bible reading or sharing my faith…I’m still not. However, I know where God is. He is deep in my heart. He is in my actions. He in my car, house and when I am sitting at the campfire. He is walking with me and sitting at the dinner table next to me. He is the sun, moon, galaxies and mountains. He is the wind, rain and snow. God is the face of every child, the touch of comfort and the hope in a crisis. God is the generous woman, the helping hand of a young boy and the tenderness of a thoughtful girl. God is in front of you; all you have to do is desire to find him. 
 
Remember, Be God Controlled!
 
Brian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment