Wednesday, November 9, 2022

My Joy is Zapped and God Doesn’t Care About Me!

How can I experience joy that lasts, when...

I’m feeling the effects of high inflation that results in high gas prices and even higher food prices
I’m unemployed

I’m dealing with a bad marriage
I’ve just lost my spouse to death

I feel so lonely
I’m rejected
I feel God doesn’t care about me

Joy and happiness are not the same.  Happiness seems to depend on our external circumstances. If our circumstances are pleasant, our needs are being met, and we have the approval of family and friends, we generally feel happy.

Joy, however, is a Spirit-fruit quality that sustains us when the storms of life are raging and bad stuff happens and painful memories are experienced and life is more of a challenge than joy.  Joy will fight for you and give you a spiritual perspective that will calm the struggling spirit and turn you 180 to see hope in the fire.

 

Trusting God’s provision of joy is key to experience calmness.  John 14:1-4, Jesus said, "Trust in God...." I believe that trust is earned. It takes time to trust someone. As we begin the get-to-know-the person-better, the relationship strengthens and trust evolves. I’ve talked to many people who have asked me, 

“How can I trust God and experience joy when life is hard? When I’ve been abused? Raped? Abandoned? “  Doesn’t God care about me?”

Mostly, my response is:  God doesn't do bad things to people; people do bad things to people. Joy comes when we put our focus on joy, hope and peace, rather than finding someone to blame for a difficult life.  God isn’t in the business of making our lives miserable, rather he is rooting us on to see him as one who deeply cares and loves each of his children.  He is sad when one of his kids hurt another one.  He hurts deeply when we hurt.  He gets angry when lives are taken because of selfish behavior of others.  God does not always stop the brutality his children experience, but he will always have a solution to help each one through the difficult and painful experiences.

When abuse has taken its toll.  When rejection has been so hurtful.  When a crisis overtakes our lives and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel, you can trust God and experience joy!  King David said it best, “…weeping may stay overnight, but there is joy in the morning.” Psalm 30:5  God has many resources to sustain us, help us and lead us to a better place.  God can take our broken spirit and repair it with love and tenderness.  Joy will return and trust restored when you get to know the God who is our…


Jehovah Shalom - "God is our peace" Judges 6:24
El Shaddai - "My Supplier" Genesis 17:1
Adonai - "My Master" Genesis 18:3
Jehovah Rohi - "My Shepherd" Psalm 23:1
Jehovah Jireh - "My Provider" Genesis 22:14

 

Remember, Be God Controlled!

 

Brian

1 comment:

  1. pg joker slot ใหม่ล่าสุด มีความปลอดภัยและก็มั่นคงด้านเกมออนไลน์ด้วย pg slot ทุนหมุนเวียนจากในเครือข่าย PG ในทุกประเทศ ไม่ว่าจะเป็นสหราชอาณาจักรไหนก็เล่นได้

    ReplyDelete