Monday, June 1, 2009

Recovery Works Ministry

Recovery Works

Each month, I will highlight a specific ministry and the value and impact is has upon those involved. Flint and Marilyn Thomas have worked hard to begin a recovery program that is geared towards helping those who have addictive behaviors. This work is vitally important for the recovery of those struggling with addiction. Recovery Works is a faith-based program. The men study the bible, pray, and have deep discussions about their personal faith.

What is Recovery Works?
Recovery Works is a residential recovery facility for alcohol and drug addiction that helps men grow from a troubled life of addiction into a productive, reasonably happy and serene life in the real world.

Recovery Works is a 12-step program. This ministry involves a structured, disciplined lifestyle that includes early rising, cleanliness, and learning to accept responsibility for one’s actions. It is a nonprofit, faith-based, long-term program. Each resident is required to stay for six to twelve months.

At Recovery Works we recognize that only a power greater than ourselves can change the course of our lives. In order to steer our lives in that direction, a decision must be made to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God, as we understand him.

What Are the Residence Saying?
“Without Recovery Works I would have ended my life.”

“I believe that God created this program so that this program could bring me back to God.”

“Recovery Works teaches me how to be responsible and acceptable. It is definitely God-inspired.”

“I am grateful that this program was available for me so that I could learn a new way to live and raise my child properly.”

If you would like to support this work in anyway, please contact Flint @ 803-522-4602. I am grateful to Flint and Marilyn for having the faith to believe that God can, the vision to see that God will, and the courage to act!

Remember, Be God Controlled,

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment