Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Living in the Fast Lane


I am running late!  I’m behind!  Gotta get there fast!  Gotta keep moving!  Slowpoke driver, get out of my way!

Honk!  Honk!

Where did you get your license, out of a Cracker Jack box?  I’m late!  Gotta get there fast!  Gotta keep moving!

For some Christians, life is a constant drive through rush-hour traffic.  There are deadlines to meet at work, work to do around the house; appointments to keep and people to meet, problems to solve and money to stretch.  On top of all this, there are the Christian responsibilities:  Being a committed disciple, teaching a Bible class or serving on a ministry team.  Who has time to exit the highway?  I’m running late!  I’m behind!  Gotta get there fast!  Gotta keep moving!

Has your life felt like a rush-hour drive lately?  Zooming from one responsibility to the next?  Have you been changing lanes so fast that you’re flying by people without noticing them?

Take a look in the mirror.  Do you see a grim, determined, let’s get it done no matter what you have to do?  Are you driven by success no matter the cost?  What about your spiritual life, has it taken a hit due to living in the fast lane?  Are you tired of driving fast everywhere you go? 

Pull over at the next rest area!

Jesus said, "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (Matthew 11:29 & 30) The Message Bible

For less life stress, allow Jesus to guide your life and keep you from being so beat up with endless “to do lists,” deadlines to meet or activities to attend.   

Remember, Be God Controlled,

Brian

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring post, thank you so much for sharing. I love to take long walks in nature. I watch the birds, listen to their sounds, just enjoy everything that God made. Notice how the birds are not rushed or stressed, but yet they manage to build their nests and get things done.

    ReplyDelete