Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Gift of Generous People


The phone rings and I see whom it is calling me.  I answer will a “Hello.”  The caller responds and says, “Brian, I have something for you, are you at home?”  I answered with a “yes, come over.”  In about thirty minutes there is a knock on the door.  I open the door and there stands the one who called me.  I invited her in and asked her to have a seat.  She pulls out an envelope and hands it to me.  She said, “There are several people who wanted to help you financially so that you do not need to borrow any money.” 

I was speechless.  I held the envelope that contains not just money, but love and generosity.  She also handed me a card.  I opened the card and in it was a check and some of the most beautifully written words of kindness that I have ever received from someone whom I never met.  

There has been an outpouring of love and generosity from people all over who lives out the Acts 2:43-45 model  Everyone around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the apostles! And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common. They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person’s need was met.” (The Message)

Giving is a gift.  The Apostle Paul shared the Spirit gifts to the believers in Rome.  He said in his letter, “We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us…if it is giving, then give generously….” Romans 12:6,8 (NIV) There are countless people all over the world who give generously every day to others whom they have never met.  These givers do not give out of the need for recognition, rather out of a desire to simply help others who are in need.  Givers are selfless and desire for their fellow believer or neighbor to have what they need to make life a bit better to live. 

Generous people also know the essence of living out the Jesus life.   They are wrapped in the garments of “do to others, as you would have them do to you “and giving generously to those in need.”  Givers realize that when they give a cup of water, a shirt or their time to others, it is just like giving their generosity to Jesus, too. 

Generous people open up the floodgates of better days for those who are struggling financially.  They give hope when all seems lost and they provide a portrait of Jesus in the gift and actions to those who are on the receiving end. 

As one who has been blessed by people I know and by those whom I have never met, I am grateful for the gift of your generosity.  Your love was felt deeply and it will never be forgotten. 

May each one of us clearly see the generosity of God each day as he wakes us up to experience his gift of just today.  No matter the hardships, adversity, trials or tribulations, God is always on the scene and will provide us with his generosity somehow.  Always trust that he knows what is best and his timing is the right timing in every situation. 

Remember, Be God Controlled!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment