Friday, June 24, 2022

How to Respond to the Supreme Court’s Decision (any of them)

 


May our differences in political views or social values be used as a bridge to understand each other’s opinion. 
 
May we not allow our differences to become a deterrent to a community of solidarity.
If we engage in the promotion of understanding each other’s views, we become a nation driven by tolerance in each other. 
 
Hate language will never solve our disagreements and bickering over “truth” will never solve the answer and blaming a political party or leftist or far right people will never open the door for intellectual conversations. 
 
As one who is a preacher and teaches the truths of Scripture, I must uphold God’s greatest command by loving God mostly and loving each other deeply from the heart no matter if I agree or disagree with someone. 
 
I cannot be so religiously arrogant that I do not demonstrate patience or tolerance or a willingness to give someone I disagree with a seat at my kitchen table or a welcoming place in our church gatherings.
Now is the time to “be still.” Now is the time to stop being bitter, angry, or mad. Now is the time to stop shouting angrily or say things to hurt others. Now is the time to stop doing anything evil.
 
We cannot solve anything or hear anyone or understand “truth” if we are not listening to each other!
God, use me to be kind to anyone whom I disagree with and showcase your love by acting in love, grace and patience. 
 
Remember, Be God Controlled!

No comments:

Post a Comment