Sunday, July 31, 2022

Jesus Got a Pair of Pants Today

Today, we were approached by a man who was a bit desperate at about 1:30 p.m. 
 
He said, “sir, can you spare $10?” I said, “I don’t have any cash on me.” He said, “I have an interview at IHOP at 2 p.m and I need a pair of pants.” He continued, “If you can purchase the pants for me, I will give you the few dollars that I have!” 
 
I said, “we will get you the pants, but we don’t want your money.” 
 
We go into the store, he picks out his pants and we get in line to pay for it. 
 
A lady in front of us in the checkout line overheard our conversation and very kindly said, “You go in front of me.” We said, “thank you” and moved ahead of her! 
 
As we continued to talk while waiting for our turn to checkout, the man look straight in my eyes and said, “you believe in Jesus don’t you?” With a big smile I declared, “Yes I do!”
 
I paid for the pants and the man gave me a handshake, along with a BIG thank you and rushed out the door. 
 
I am praying he gets the job at IHOP and thankful that I was not only able to give the needy man a pair of pants, but I was able to give a pair to Jesus, too!
 
Jesus said, “…When did we give you something to eat or drink? When did we welcome you as a stranger or give you clothes to wear or visit you while you were sick or in jail?” The king will answer, “Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me.”
Matthew 25:37-40 
 
Remember, Be God Controlled!
 
Brian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment