Wednesday, July 27, 2022

When it is Hard to Trust God

The heart is heavy with disappointments, bad news and broken by the strains of life. I want the weight of the pain to be lifted so I can breathe and feel a bit of relief. 

I want my faith in God to sustain me in the most trying moments, but it teeters on the brink of collapse. I hold on to a song. A friend's word. A hug. A hope. A photo. A promise that everything will be okay.
I do my best to keep focused on God's promise that he will never forsake me or that I can come to him for rest, but there are times that the promise seems fuzzy to God's memory or that his lap isn't available for me to climb on and rest.
 
Life storms are terrifying. They take a toll and it raises the anxiety level and getting out of bed is a chore and trusting God becomes harder as the storm rages on and on and on. 
 
I want to believe that everything will be fine, I really do. I want to know that a healing is possible for me. I want to trust that God will keep his promises. I want fear to leave me, along with doubt and hopelessness.
When I ask, "where do I find help?" I really mean, God, I need you. Like the Psalmist of 121, I will open my eyes and declare that my help comes from the Lord! I know that the Lord will help me even when my faith is shattered by doubt and when fear has taken control and when I don't trust him very much. 
 
I know that God is my protector. He will not doze off when I am talking him; nor will he dim the lights when I am walking through the most difficult storms of life. God will shine his light brightly to light the path and he will cover me with his hand to reassure me that I do not have to fear the storm. 
 
No matter when God answers or when God calms the storm, I will keep looking to the Lord. He is my hope and reassurance that everything will be okay.
Remember, Be God Controlled!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment