Monday, July 11, 2022

Why I Follow Jesus

 Being a follower of Jesus is not the easiest, nor hardest way to live life; but, it is the most rewarding!

Being a follower of Jesus isn't for the complacent or the not-so-sure or the "ride the fence" person or the uncommitted; rather, it's for the one who is willing to sacrifice their own desires for the desires of Jesus.
 
We can't engage is worldly living and still be a Jesus follower. Either we are fully in or not at all. I get what I am saying doesn't sound like a 2022 type of thinking. But, that has been the problem, we have sugarcoated commitment so much that we have lost the reality of living out the Jesus life full time.
 
So, why do I follow Jesus...
 
I follow Jesus because I believe that he is truth. I believe that he is the Son of God. I follow Jesus because he is salvation and hope. I follow Jesus because his cross experience has forgiven me of my sins and because he showcases love for everyone and through him, I have eternal life. 
 
I follow Jesus because he is tender, grace, mercy and peace. He is calmness, helpful and insightful. He is caring, gentle and kind. He is generous and patient. He listens. He guides. He provides. I follow Jesus because he loved me so much that he sacrificed himself so that I can experience a one-on-one relationship with God. 
 
So, why do you follow Jesus?
 
Remember, Be God Controlled!
 
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment