Saturday, January 22, 2022

God is Holy

Day 22: Exodus 1:1-4:31 (6:14-27)
 
I surrendered my life to Jesus at a very young age. It was a moment that I think about often as I seek to honor God with my life. I grew up in a time where preaching was "Hell, Fire and Damnation!" It was brutal at times and I remember feeling that I can never live up to God's expectations if I don't follow all the rules that goes along with being a Christian. 
 
It took me years to work through the guilt-based theology and to come to understand that God wants all of me, but it isn't works or guilt trips that saves me; rather, it is the sacrifice of Jesus and his resurrection that gives me life...eternal life. 
 
As I have worked through my relationship with God, I have discovered that his presence in my life isn't based on what I have done or will do, rather its about his holiness working in me to cultivate holy living.
God's conversation with Moses was life changing when he said, "Moses!" Moses answered, "Here I am." God said, "Do not come any closer, take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy ground." Exodus 3:4-5
 
God is holy. We are in the presence of God everyday. God is honored when we live in holiness and when our words are seasoned with gentleness and our attitudes are led by love and our desires are godly, rather than selfish and worldly. 
 
Be careful where you place your feet. Be respectful to the Holy One. Surrendering to the Lordship of Jesus means you've stepped into the holy grounds of God and committed to live a holy life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment