Saturday, January 29, 2022

What I Offer God Says A Lot About My Spiritual Self

 

Day 29: Exodus 25:1:1-28:43

Have you ever made an offering to God in which your heart prompted you to give? I mean, have you really given something to God that was valuable? I am not talking about dollars or exquisite paintings or diamonds; I am talking about a value of one's life.

When God told Moses to tell the Israelites to bring him an offering, the offering was to be heartfelt. The offerings would be used to make a sanctuary for the Lord so he can dwell among them. Exodus 25:1-9

Every church gathering I have ever experienced, has a time of offering. It is a time to give dollars for the "ministries" of the church. I have rummaged through the 20's, 10's and 5's in my wallet before the offering basket got to me with no real thought about the offering. I would quickly take a journey in my mind what I might need this money for during the week. I would convince myself that it was Sunday and we always eat out after "church." So, I would deduct that amount and move on to the next justification on why I needed to give 25 or 30 bucks rather than an offering that would really make an impact on me and the ministries that would help others know Jesus.

I have learned that God doesn't need our money; rather, he wants our heart! When our heart is right, our offerings are better. God doesn't care about time, but when our relationship is right with God, our time is given to serve him daily through our parenting, marriages, workplace, ballgames, dance recitals and a host of other places.

I have also learned that the offering of myself to God is the best offering of them all. Romans 12:1 says it best, "So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering." (The Message)

When we give our life totally and sacrifically to God, we will be more generous in helping our churches financially, we will live the Jesus life in real time every day and will think about what God wants more than self and will love God mostly and in turn, love others better! What are you offering God?

No comments:

Post a Comment