Sunday, January 30, 2022

Obeying Jesus Will Save Your Life...Eternally

 

Day 29: Exodus 29:1:1-31:18

6th grade was a year I was paddled by the principal for swinging on the door. I also got in trouble by my music teacher for jumping over the fence, so, for the entire music period that day, I had to jump back and forth over the fence. And, some kid ratted me out for saying a curse word in art class, so I had to write, "I will not say curse words in art class" 1,000 times. I never said another curse word again, well, in 6th grade.

The Drill Sergeant said to all of us new recruits on day one, "Always do the right thing even when you think no one is watching, you never know when we might show up."

Following rules isn't a bad thing; especially if they are meant to keep you from harm. There is an expression,"Rules are made to be broken." True, but mostly by those who do not believe in moral integrity or respect for authority or careless living.

God gave specific instructions on how to approach the Holy Place of God. God did not mince words when it came to the Tabernacle and how the Priest will enter the Meeting Place. If one fails to obey him, he flat out says, they will die. Exodus 29:1ff

As I have said before, God is patience, forgiving, fair and merciful. "God isn’t slow about keeping his promises, as some people think he is. In fact, God is patient, because he wants everyone to turn from sin and no one to be lost." 2 Peter 3:9

Jesus said, "If you love me, you will do what I say." John 14:15. Jesus also said, "The people who are really blessed are the ones who hear and obey God’s message!”

Doing what God says do will change the trajectory of your life from spiritually lifeless and careless about God's Word to one who is spiritually on fire for God and living the Jesus life out loud, boldly and courageously.

Obeying Jesus isn't a bad thing. it actually will save your life eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment