Sunday, January 23, 2022

I Got Mad at God

Day 23: Exodus 5:1-8:24

When I was a kid, we lived near Forrest Park in St. Louis. During the summers, the park staff provided all kinds of activities, lunch and had a baseball league. I played baseball and my team was playing in the championship game. The night before the game, I prayed to God that he would see to it that we win the game. Apparently, God wasn't listening to me or he didn't think a baseball game was worth his effort, because we lost something like 27-0
 
I was ticked off at God...I mean, fuming mad. I was so mad that whenever God's name was in a song at church, I wouldn't sing his name. I thought that God was supposed to answer prayers; especially a little kids prayer! 
 
I have grown up a lot since I was nine years old. Baseball games are not such a priority with God, as are healing the sick or feeding the hungry or mending relationships. 
 
God is busy working out of his heavenly office. He sees the welfare of his children and works around the clock making life better for everyone. The Israelites were going to witness God in real time as he puts Pharaoh in the hot seat for mistreating and enslaving his them. Pharaoh is going to learn quickly who God is and what kind of powerful arsenal he has. 
 
As God reassures Moses, Aaron and the Israelites in Exodus 5-7 that he will rescue them from the hands of their oppressors, God is telling us the same things thousands of years later. There is nothing too big that God cannot handle or too complicated that God cannot figure it out or too strong that God cannot lift. God solves problems, heals illnesses and provide for our needs.
 
It is up to us to trust him in his timing. Be patient as he works out the details. Be thankful for what he gives us. Love him with all heart, soul and strength. And, don't get mad when life is hard and money is tight and health is failing. Keep trusting that God will do what he needs to do to get us where we need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment