Monday, January 31, 2022

What Our Children Experience Can Be Good Or Bad

 

Day 31: Exodus 32:1:1-34:35

Being a product of your environment can be good or bad. What we learn as a child can effect us for the rest of our lives, good or bad. A child growing up in a home where God is taught will be more likely to follow God. It is also true about home environments that are negative, crime ridden and where hate of other skin colors are taught.


For Aaron and the Israelites, they lived 400 years in a country where idols were worship. Every day, they were surrounded by idol worship. It was likely that the Israelites merged worshiping God and idols together. While Moses was on the mountain with God receiving the Ten Commandments, the people grew restless and wondered if Moses was ever going to come back. So, they did what was normal for them, the wanted an idol to be made so that they could worship it. Exodus 32


Our home was not a perfect home growing up. There were many missteps and negative issues that are forever etched in my mind. There were practices that my parents used for disciplining us that I said I would never use on my children...so, didn't. However, we were taught to have a strong work ethic, be on time, tell the truth, love and worship God and be honest...So, I passed down those teachings to my kids.


The teachings that were taught that led me to Christ, I still live out today. I am who I am as a result of the many good influences from my parents that helped shape my life.


The negative behaviors that I experienced, I made a decision not to be what I didn't like or not become a product of my environment that didn't bring honor to God.


When our homes teach about the goodness of God, the values of honesty, godly moral character and truth about living the Jesus life, the future parents will be better equipped to passing on more good than bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment