Saturday, February 26, 2022

Where is Our Humanity?

Day 56

I am trying to write what my heart is feeling about the Ukrainian people.  I can't help but feel selfish.  I want to help, but I live 5,427 miles from Kiev, Ukraine.   Pray?  I do.  Hurt?  I do.  Angry?  I am.  Sad?  Yes.  

Where is our humanity?  It is heart wrenching to watch little children bunker in a once thriving subway station. Children are clinging to their mothers while daddy is doing everything possible to courageously stand as a mighty Ukrainian warrior to protect and defend his family and the nation he loves.  

People can be evil.  They take whatever they want.  They hurt whomever they want.  They destroy anything they want.  There is no negotiating with anyone who is bent on defying humanity, goodwill and love for neighbor.

As a nation is being ravaged by evil, the world watches.  But, why do we watch?  Deep down, most people are the definition of humanity:  compassionate, sympathetic and generous toward those who are hurting or suffering.  But, why be idle.  Why only watch?  

Truthfully, it bothers me to only be a viewer from 5,427 miles away.  What can I do?  You, do?  Anyone do?  We say it's not our fight to fight, but Ukrainians didn't ask for the fight...invasion, either.  

Their strength is unable to match the invader, but their spirit, resolve, love for God, country and family is inspiring.  Their courage is second to none.  Their fight to the end doesn't go unnoticed, even to their adversary.  

 Pray?  I will continue.  May God protect the Ukrainian nation. 

2nd Samuel 22:3-4

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
He is my refuge, my savior,
    the one who saves me from violence.
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.

Remember, Be God Controlled!


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment